R.AIRE’s Paella de Marisco
- 4 shrimp peeled
- 6 oz calamari cleaned
- 3-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 littleneck clams
- 10 mussels
- 1 1/2 tbsp sofrito (see below)
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 cup bomba rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 2 fresh tomatoes grated
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Season shrimp and calamari with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a paella pan over low-medium heat and quickly sear shrimp on each side. Set aside.
- Add calamari, clams, mussels to pan and cook for 1 minute. Add sofrito and cook for another minute.
- Add saffron and seafood stock and bring to a boil.
- Add bomba rice and a pinch of salt. Turn heat to high.
- After 3-5 minutes, turn heat to low and cook until socarrat (crust) forms on the bottom. For the last minute of cooking, add shrimp to paella. Enjoy!
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. You will have extra; save for another use.